Tweets from Second Glance HistoryOn April 1, 2020 by Elyse
Since most of us are spending a lot more time on our couches these days, it’s the perfect moment to announce Second Glance History’s next foray into the world of social media: Twitter!
This is not an April Fools’ Day prank. (Although if you want one, I’ve got you covered.) If your life could use some more forgotten tales from bygone eras and groanworthy puns right about now, click here: https://twitter.com/2GlanceHistory.
If you’re not on Twitter, I still crave your attention, so please don’t leave me. You can look forward to—or dread, I’m not picky—new stories continuing to arrive in your inbox and plenty of Facebook posts. Blogging is considered an essential service and will continue uninterrupted during these dark times, whether or not you’re in lockdown.
Although my usual sources have nothing relevant to say about Twitter, please enjoy this mayor’s strong feelings about tweeting:
Alas, Mayor Schwab didn’t win his election that year, and in retrospect, “His Honor, the Mayor” might have been a little presumptuous. He should’ve thought twice before banning tweets.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.